Week Reflection #2

 Oliver Barkan

4/13/2023

Second Week Reflection


This second week felt very repetitive as I continued to work on the information gathering and writing phase of my project even a week after I thought it would be done. This project has surprised me every day, because of how it has made me constantly change my approach each day. At first, I thought I would have a concrete schedule to get me through this project, but this was debunked very quickly as I had realized that the project does not go according to plan and needs to be done from what is needed. Second, I had thought I would be able to do this project all by myself, but I realized that if I wanted a good finished project, I would need professional help. Also, I constantly had to gather new information all the way until the end of the second week, sometimes using drastic methods to do so.

I realized throughout this project that I could not do the work all on my own, and If I wanted a good, neat, and professional finished project, I realized that I would have to reach out for help from adults. Luckily, the connections I had from my parents' friends were more than sufficient to help me with this project. I contacted a professional designer, who would greatly help me with the designing components of the project, and a copy editor, who would help change the writing I had. The reason I needed a copy editor for this project was because I am very used to writing essays, which my writing greatly reflected. The copy editor helped me change the writing into a style that better fits the project.

I had to stake out students to gain information from students that I needed at the very last minute. Once I thought I had enough information, I would go through the writing process, and realized I was missing a vital piece that I would have to add in, so I had to go to drastic measures to come across this piece of information. I would go up to students in between classes and at lunch just to get one quote that I needed, which taught me an important lesson on how to get the things I need as soon as possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1 Monday, May 8th

Blog #2: Tuesday, May 9th

Blog #14: Tuesday May 23rd